Confirm edit is used for the Captcha in the account creation page.
The extension files were first copied to a local extension folder.
The folder was then mounted through docker-compose.yml adding a line after Volumes :
Volumes: - ./ConfirmEdit:/var/www/html/extensions/ConfirmEdit
Finally, the locally mounted LocalSettings.php got these extra lines
wfLoadExtensions([ 'ConfirmEdit', 'ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha' ]); $wgCaptchaQuestions = [ 'Question' => 'Response', ]; $wgCaptchaTriggers['create'] = true;
Then I restarted the service
Deleting user accounts can be tricky. The best solution seems to be merging accounts which is a good solution to double accounts or empty ghost accounts. For this there is a special page.
docker cp extensions/UserMerge b3aca7519274:/var/www/html/extensions/
Then I proceeded to normal install by adding the following lines to the LocalSettings.php page mounted outside the container (through docker-compose.yml file)
wfLoadExtension( 'UserMerge' ); // By default nobody can use this function, enable for bureaucrat? $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['usermerge'] = true; // optional: default is array( 'sysop' ) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array( 'groupname' );
Inside the docker container I ran the update php script afterwards, not sure if this was necessary?
docker exec -it <container> /bin/bash php maintenance/update.php
TO DO: check whether this line in docker-compose.yml is still useful : - ./userMerge:/var/www/html/extensions/UserMerge
A LocalSettings.php file has been mounted in docker-compose.yml to be able to adjust it from outside the container.
volumes: - ./wikibase-br-special/LocalSettings.php:/var/www/html/LocalSettings.php
The UniversalLanguageSelector extension has been deactivated in LocalSettings.php
Weird stuff / bugs etc
Property name not editable
The field goes red when "save" is pressed and the name. Statements couldn't be added.
This was the error message in console
load.php?debug=false&lang=en&modules=jquery%2Coojs-ui-core%2Coojs-ui-widgets|oojs-ui.styles.icons-editing-advanced&skin=vector&version=1wgtdan:130 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://mywikibase.org/wiki/Property:P4' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://mywikibase.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&meta=tokens&type=csrf'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
I first added
I added $wgServer = "https://mywikibase.org";
to the LocalSettings.php I mounted.
Find the actual solution in notes
CirrusSearch indexation bug
It was only possible to search for items but not for words present within different pages for a while. The following error message would pop up in red:
"An error has occurred while searching: We could not complete your search due to a temporary problem. Please try again later."
Solution : indexation scripts had to be run from within the docker container.
URL addition by users without privilege
$wgGroupPermissions['autoconfirmed']['skipcaptcha'] = true;
In LocalSettings.php file seems to have solved the problem (Autoconfirmed is assigned to users automatically by MediaWiki; you can set the time and number of edits after which this happens)
To solve and document
- wdqs container sometimes goes down
- query service doesn't fetch wikibase entered data
- Image from commons also don't fetch (preview is local but the actual integration to the wiki upon saving is not working)
Server Side stuff
The server IP:port of the query service should redirect to url but other than that it all seems fine.
- update mediawiki